Saturday, March 31, 2012



Reading The Shack has been a life altering experience. Nope. I'm not exaggerating. This "fictional" tale took me to my very own Shack and I've come through the experience having a new perspective on many things with which I've been dealing. Who knew it would take reading a book to get me to this place of understanding and self love!!

So, how did I come to this place? Believe it or not, my doctor recommended that I read this. Yep. My medical doctor. I went into his office needing help with my digestive issues. I was thinking he would send me for another test but to my surprise, he told me I needed to love myself. He wasn't talking new age mumbo jumbo but a true love, for myself! He believes the my gut issues are connected to my emotions. He explained the physiological connection but also explained how there is a spiritual connection as well. He began telling me I was perfect and I was exactly where I needed to be in my life, even if that place was chaotic and full of health struggles. I couldn't fully accept his words...

This acceptance came from reading The Shack. I wasn't expecting this acceptance, this knowledge but I'm certainly grateful for it!! I can finally wrap my mind around the concept of loving myself. I'm a piece of God, His Creation, the pinnacle of Creation actually. To loathe who I am or to critique myself into oblivion would be acting as Judge. I'm not the Judge...God doesn't even "judge" me in the sense that we humans have come to understand the verb to judge!!! God loves this beautiful, messy and chaotic soul and, now, so do I!!! I can see others now...what a gift!!

I highly recommend everyone to read this book...yes, even if you're not religious or spiritual or even "Christian." Heck, Jesus the Christ wasn't Christian either;) Essentially our lives are meant for relationship, Love! Be warned, this book is going to take you through Mack's (the fictional character of this fictional story) life in a real way and you may just find yourself slap dab in the middle of your own shack.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment