Thursday, January 13, 2011

Strength Training

I woke up this morning determined to complete a Biggest Loser upper body strength training routine...wow! My arms feel like mush...I guess it's been a while since I lifted my bright pink dumbbells!!!

As I was working my upper body (tricep dips, upright rows, hammer curls, etc.), I received a text that we're on a 2 hour delay, so I can now take my time this morning....

A strong cup of espresso (with a touch of 1% organic milk), read my devo, a cup of coffee (sans milk), eggs for breakfast, play time with the puppy, and time to write on my blog=)

What is the point? The point is that each morning we wake up, we never know what will happen (like a 2 hour delay), but we have a choice at every moment we breathe to commit to doing the things that keep us healthy, feed our spirit, and bring us a simple joy (espressos!). Simple...joy

I think we should bask in the moments that make us feel peaceful or calm!!

I hope everyone can have a moment of peace this day...with a myriad of global events happening such as the Tuscan tragedy, major weather events like the floods in Australia, the economic see-saw in most nations, etc. I just hope and pray that every human being can have a moment in their minds and hearts where they feel a peace and calm that can only come from one source...our Creator!

~Kimber

No comments:

Post a Comment