Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Secret...not so secret


My parents bought me the book The Secret, and I'm already half way through reading it. Essentially, ask and you shall receive as long as you believe. Christians have known this secret for a bit over 2,000 years now=) Of course, the author and her many contributors also discuss the Law of Attraction which is compared to any law such as gravity or the Earth's rotation that keeps us from spinning into the abyss. Like attracts like...therefore if one thinks he or she has bad luck, then that person will attract bad luck. If one thinks they are successful they will attract success. I believe this makes a great deal of sense...

Okay, so I tried it in Target today. I had my mind on finding the Karate Kid DVD for cheap...when I walked in the store, I didn't see the movie on the cheap-y rack, so I made way to the back of the store to the electronics section, and I didn't see the DVD there either. I continued with the shopping I needed to do (you know, cotton pads, bottled water, etc.), and on my way to the check out stand I decided to check the cheap-y rack one last time. To my "secret" joy, there it was, the only copy, The Karate Kid DVD for $5!!! I didn't give it much thought except, yeah! I can watch The Karate Kid tonight!

As I was reading The Secret, I realized I attracted that movie that I wanted to watch. It wasn't on the el cheap-o rack upon entering the store but I didn't stray from my desire to find it. I'm certain one of the sales associates restocked it, and I was the one to find it upon leaving the store...God is good=) Even in the smallest of things...

I know many people poo-poo the notion of the "Secret" because society doesn't buy into the notion of the New Age movement, but I think, based on what I've read thus far, that it's more than "new age." I think God has been teaching us this so-called Secret since the dawn of His creation...His thought...His word...we are manifestations of God's Love! Love...the secret...we simply must follow Love's direction!

Seems almost too simple, but I think there in lies the beauty of the secret, of love!! God didn't want to put us on some wild goose chase for some ancient, encrypted message...It's been there all along! I'm abundantly grateful to Him for making it so clear!!

I would recommend reading The Secret with an open mind (I know I always rename "the universe" God because that's my belief...I think God is much more personal and intimate than the "universe" that the book discusses so I read it with my lens of faith in a loving, personal God). I also recommend the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon!!! I have just begun the time traveling journey of Claire, but I like it so far!!

Enjoy the sunset and be grateful!! Write a list of thank you's before going to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment