Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunshine and My White Wicker Rocker!


What a gorgeous day! The sun is shining in all its glory while a cool, gentle breezes passes by every now and again. The stream behind my house is steadily running its course, and the dogs are basking in the sun's warmth. I couldn't ask for a better day!

I have completed 3 hours worth of grading, and I am now going to enjoy the remainder of the day!! I look forward to watching the sunset from my back deck as I rock back and forth in my white wicker rocker...I will take the time to say my thank you's and focus on the good week ahead of me. I will dwell in that special time called twilight!

The view from my office window is picturesque...the grass is boldly green and almost sparkles against the back drop of the light blue sky. The water shimmers like dancing diamonds as it flows over the rocks and tree roots. The dandelions decorate the blanket of green with their lively yellow blooms. A few trees are beginning to show their colors especially the Bradford Pear trees and their white, delicate flowers. The branches of the trees sway to and fro in the breeze bringing this masterpiece to life. Nature is a sacred gift!!

The stream keeps flowing. The trees keep growing. The flowers keep blooming. The sun keeps shining. Nature doesn't complain about its tasks nor the ebb and flows of each season. We humans could learn from her. We could learn to enjoy each moment of each season and realize that each season brings its own sets of gifts and challenges. We must be faithful in our duties and believe that the good will always come to us...

I treasure these moments where I feel at peace, where nature calms the madness of my thoughts. Savoring nature helps me to realize that life is sacred and is meant to be lived not merely tolerated. I will take this moment with me throughout the week...returning to this sacred space in my mind. I will focus my thoughts here...

1 comment:

  1. That's Piper trying to get in the picture...what a cute-y pie!

    ReplyDelete