Saturday, May 8, 2010

It's Come to This...




I am slightly miffed about another flimflam a man try to attempt on my romantic soul...Evidently giving yourself a faux name on Facebook doesn't protect you from the creepers out there in Cyber World!

I'm half French, so I have several family members and a few Francophone friends on my Facebook page, so this Matthieu Roux (yes, I'm using the name he gave me in order to protect other unsuspecting women of his creeper ways) thinks he can hoodwink the naive American lady~Non, Monsieur!

This ruse was still disappointing because part of me was hoping that "Matthieu" really did remember my "beautiful face" for all these years and finally found me on Facebook (insert slow, melancholy music here) and is looking forward to getting re-acquainted. Pft! I call "bull shit!" Needless to say this event spurred me to go to the bookstore...

Before my little jaunt to the local million of books store, I had a revelation that my definition of "romance" needs to change. I found a book called "Marriable." (Yes, I am now buying books about dating and marriage...it's happening, I'm turning into one of those people...hey! Information is power, right?) This book was written by a Christian couple who met via online dating (dun-Dun-DUUUUN!).

This book is written in a he says, she says style, and I think Ms. Dimarco's perspective on romance is an eye-opener for us hopeful romantic types a.k.a. this blogger!! I also liked how the authors were very blunt in their views of traditional male and female roles within the context of a Christian relationship, yes, even promoting.......saving sex for the actual marriage!!!! *GASP!* I'm a total proponent of men being men and women being women (the sexual revolution forever changed the dating world and marriage goals of all old-fashioned ladies across the globe...what's wrong with wanting the man to call you and pursue you...NOTHING)!

I must admit some of the book made me blush out of embarrassment being the "desperate" dating lady that I WAS...ouch! The truth hurts and looking into the mirror really can be quite revealing! The only aspect of the book I didn't jibe with was that dating is a "game" as long as the two players have marriage as the objective. I see their point, but Kimbergirl don't play dat! Yet, the tips Ms. Dimarco gave us dating women types was actually quite useful!

Also, after this book, I have a new outlook on online dating, and I feel I may give it another try. I'm going to look into the best sites, then, I'll try again with a different outlook. I suppose I need to re-evaluate my hopes for a dark-haired, romantic, Catholic, Irishman (a Brit would do as well) who will sweep me off my feet and be my knight in shining armour (he,he, little French play on words) on the back burner and refine what qualities I TRULY desire for my future husband...

Did I just write about dating on a blog? Yes, I sure did! No more connecting my weight with dating rejection. No more using my looks as a crutch for avoiding the land of dating. Time to simply be myself, set boundaries, and begin dating! I never dated per se as a teenager and 20-something (I was married by 21 so I missed out on all the fun of being a college gal who had many dating options...I was an old married fart by 22...*sigh*). I just have to look at it as an adventure, and I can't take it personally when a date doesn't turn into a marriage proposal *rolling on the floor laughing at myself right now.*

Another book I started last night is "You Are Not What You Weigh" by Lisa Bevere (thank you, Jen). I'll let you know what I think of this book after I've read it! Will try to do that tonight...

The point is, the more information one gathers about the issues he or she is in the midst of having, the more perspective you can gain. Talk to people, read books, talk to people, and keep reflecting and refining what you want in your life: spiritual, physical, career, dating, marriage, family, and so on. Focus on what God desires you to know and be~ how exciting is it to know you're on your way to being the best version of yourself, the version God has known was there all along....

Live Brightly....keep growing where you're planted...now, in THIS moment!

Peace~
Kimbergirl

**Skips off to help a friend with a yardsale...getting ready for a high school picnic with the French Club, uh hem, La Societe Francaise...then movie night!**

No comments:

Post a Comment