Monday, May 3, 2010

Self Pity

Self Pity (SP) is a dangerous emotional place...I am tired of feeling sorry for myself and living in the "Woe is me's." I'm finished with SP! I'm ready to live the life I have been so generously given and shame on me for not taking advantage of it at each moment I've been given to breathe!

I wonder if it saddens God when we get lost in our own SP because we're fearful of coming out of the comfort of that place??? I hope He forgives me, but I'm ready to "snap" out of this gloomy mood I've been in for the past few years....THIS IS IT!

My mom & I decided "This is it" is a good theme for life!!! Yes, it was inspired after watching the Michael Jackson DVD!!!

This is a short blog today, but I couldn't sleep, so I decided to come here and let go of the SP monster!! Maybe I'll be able to sleep in peace knowing I've decided life is too precious not to embrace at every moment whether it's perfect or full of challenges, glamorous or simple. Life is meant to be embraced, and I choose to share it with the people who are a part of my little piece of the world.

Good night!

2 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you, Kimberly. I attended the funeral of a great, great man last night--and what I realized is that I don't take the time to enjoy the little things in life. I'm too wrapped up in my own goals and dreams and then fall into the depths of despair when things don't pan out. Sooner or later, if I continue this way, the world will pass me by without having taken the time to slow down, take a breath, and just have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to be aware of these lessons now instead of later:-) We're truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete