Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Renewing a Gym Membership

**Imagine the song YMCA playing softly in the background as you read through this...arms in the air everyone!**

I'm quite excited this morning because I'm going to spend almost $50 a month for a gym membership this afternoon (Oh! Zumba how I long to de-stress in your Reggae-tone rhythms and Salsa beats)...I'm hoping the financial commitment will be the added motivation I need in order to get back on the health wagon and start living the best version of my life (I mean, who else is going to live my life for me? Duh)!

God asks us to be responsible stewards in this life, and I think that goes for our health and bodies, too. I've gone way too long letting myself go as they say, and I'm over it! I have been a pretty pathetic steward which I'm ashamed to admit! The conviction to change this part of my life is so strong at this point, that I have no choice but to begin making positive changes and creating new (healthy) habits~

I'm over feeling sluggish...I'm over feeling uninspired...I'm over not being able to have fun shopping for new clothes (maybe I just don't like shopping??? Hmmmm, will have to figure that one out later)...I'm simply over not living the life I've been given!

I think at some point we all come to face our personal "demons," and my time is right now. I'm talking really & truly facing them, smackdab in the eyes and ready to fight! They're staring me in the face, trying to intimidate me and distract me from my goals and responsibilities, but I refuse to back down this time! Do your worst! With Christ, I can do all things! So, do I believe the aforementioned or am I hypocrite? I must decide....NOW...in this moment! I choose my faith~

Okay, is it wrong that I plan on having a good-bye to the old life celebration at my local bakery with coffee & doughnuts before I go this afternoon to renew my gym membership? Did I just give my personal demons a stronghold? Am I weak? Time will tell...

Here's to living in the moment & growing where I'm planted!!!!

Live Brightly!

Peace~

No comments:

Post a Comment