Thursday, May 6, 2010

The New Habits Begin...

The morning begins around 4:30 a.m. (Yes, I'm a little crazy, but I like the stillness of the very early morning~I blame this on my mother who to this day wakes up at 4 a.m.)...I would like to share the good habits I'm implementing, starting NOW!

Good habit number one...drinking a talk glass of water upon waking (I only drank half the glass but it's a start)

Good habit number two...healthy breakfast that included protein, whole grain, and fruit (yes, the fruit was part of a homemade jam my dad made for me but at least it wasn't the overprocessed and oversugared stuff you find at the local grocery store)

Good habit number three...took the time to invite some positive energy into my day by watering my flowers, looking at the quarter moon and saying to myself how much I love looking at the sky, and reading my devo (devo is the cool, hip way of shortening the word devotional...spoke about not reacting but being wise in all things allowing God to be present in those challenging moments)

Good habit number four...saying thank you for the job I have and praying for those who don't right now (Gratitude is a major key in living brightly...in my humble opinion that is plus there's research to back up my opinion)

Good habit number five...lessened my typically XL cup of coffee with a literal 1 cup, that is 8 ounces, of coffee (finally listening to a dear friend who feels I drink way too much caffeine...so he's right!)

I will report on how my day goes including posting the dreaded number...the starting point, the moment of true revelation. Let me restate that. I will post the number in which represents what I weigh NOT who I am. I am praying it's under 200...if it's 200 or more, I may have a bit of a crying fit!

I digress...Stay tuned for the big reveal:-)

~Peace

Live Brightly!

No comments:

Post a Comment