Sunday, February 13, 2011

Ahhh...Good Morning!



**Chartres Cathedreal in France**

For the first time in, I bet years, I slept until 7:30 a.m. sans interruptions...that means I slept a full 8 and a half hours! Thank you, God!! Although it came with a small price...a swollen left eye. I don't think it's a sty because my eye doesn't hurt or ache. Simply looks as though someone got a good swing at me!!

I surmise I'll be wearing my glasses today! I'm still in awe of the fact that the sunshine woke me up, peacefully this morning. I haven't felt this rested upon awaking in years!! This is a true gift for me...

Sunday...the Lord's day...saddens me that this doesn't have the same meaning it did even a quarter century ago in our culture! I'm guilty of giving in to the evolution toward a more secular society. For example, I am running to Target to pick up some treats for my students then I have to do some grading. I need to make a commitment to make Sundays more sacred (including getting my ass back to mass...yep, that rhymes). I'm going to create a more sacred surrounding for Sundays which means getting all my work finished during the week and running all the errands I need to run throughout the week as well. Therefore, consequentially, I'll have Sundays for attending mass and being with people who are important to me without the fret of "Oh, I have to run here and run there then I have to grade and ... etc."

Although, I do always carry Christ in my heart never really acting any different on Sunday than I do any other day. I try to always be in His presence. I do miss Communion though...I believe I will attend a different church. My home parish doesn't feel like home any longer! There! A new commitment is in place! La vie est belle!

I'm off to enjoy this gorgeous, new day! Hope everyone will think about how they view Sunday...I think we all could benefit from allowing Sundays to be a day of worship, family, friends, and REST!!

Blessings~

Shabby Chic Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment