Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A new day...


Good VERY early morning! I thought today's picture was representative of how I feel about continuing to awake in the 3 a.m. range...Once again, I was awaken at 3:30 a.m. and decided to go with it and just get out of bed instead of struggling unsuccessfully to go back to sleep! I had some ideas about my classes, so I'm going to do some work this morning and re-organize a few things. I was hoping to have a snow schedule, but it seems the weather is not supportive of that hope...

I feel guilty about my fall off of the wagon, but I must not linger on the guilt because that can lead to dangerous places, so I'm going to leave it here once I log off my blog=) I'm going to feed the dogs, do some work for my classes, then, get ready for work.

I began the day with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (a bit tart but tolerable), and I'm going to fix my smoothie for breakfast because it seemed to be the perfect breakfast for me!! Here's the recipe:

1 srv. organic, whey protein
6-8 o.z. orange juice (not from concentrate preferably)
1/2 banana
1/2 cup frozen broccoli (or fresh if you prefer)
1/2 cup berries (I like mixed: strawberries, blueberries, blackberries)
1 srv. ground flax (organic preferably)

Don't worry, you don't taste the broccoli=) You can use any greens but broccoli is my mood lately!

I'm continuing to read my friend's book, and it's great! The story is written so fluidly with creative and powerful words! She inspires me to continue writing this blog in hopes that my reflections & perspectives helps someone one day!

Piper is getting anxious which means she wants food in her tummy...I suppose I should go feed my gentle giant and mini monster=) My prayer today: God, thank you for this new day, a new opportunity to be a part of Your plan. Help me to get out of my own way and to turn to You when I'm tempted to use food as a replacement for what I truly desire. ~Amen

Cheers to a healthy & balanced day *clink, clink* (I'm clinking a small glass of organic apple cider vinegar;)

P.S. I think eliminating caffeine from my diet won't be as painful as I thought...it's all about eating those "real" foods and staying hydrated!!!!

~Shabby Chic Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment