Sunday, February 20, 2011

Knowing Counterfeit!


What a splendid Sunday morning...calm, peaceful.

After taking Piper for her 2nd walk yesterday afternoon, I saw one of my neighbors and fellow dog lover. We stopped to chat, and she shared some insight with me. The insight that stands out the most is the one about how FBI agents are trained to spot counterfeit money.

Because we were discussing relationships and how we want to get married (again...we're both divorced and have survived abuse from a supposed loved one), she pointed out that you have to study the "real deal" before you can know what the counterfeit looks like. She said FBI agents are never trained with counterfeit money but with authentic currency so they're able to know counterfeit currency if they see it! The study every detail about the authentic currency profoundly and with great detail. Her point being that we must pray and focus on what we truly want in a relationship, a husband (or wife, life partner, etc.) so that we know when the "real deal" is in front of us!!! I will add that we must be our authentic selves as well or we'll never meet the person with whom we're supposed to share our lives!

I also like what she said about us "preparing our nests." I told her my concern with being too settled into my life, and that sharing it with someone will be a challenge. She was quick to point out that when you meet the right person, they'll be leading a similar life so transitioning from singleton to married woman won't be that different because I'm already preparing the nest...

I love when God decides to talk to you spontaneously! He always sends His answers and messages some how~we simply have to be awake enough to hear them!

Before I sign off, let me explain the picture (charming Ireland). On Yahoo! news, there's an article about the best places to visit if you're traveling alone (party of one, please!), and Ireland made the list! I have always been fascinated with this place. Seems the Irish have a quiet and serene life (especially those who live in the countryside). Anytime I watch a movie filmed in Ireland, I want to jump through the screen and be among those lush green rolling hills and ancient stone castles. I will go there one day! Who knows, maybe my husband waits for me among the hills and castles in a little cottage that's among a small farm....you just never know what waits for you in life!

Peace~

Shabby Chic Lady

1 comment: