Friday, February 4, 2011

White Button Down Shirts and Pink Camis




This day begins after a restful sleep (even if I did awake at 4 a.m.), and I feel very grateful for my life! Isn't that the best feeling to have? Gratefulness for no reason other than the present moment...God is good!

I began reading my friend's novel...The Seers!! I highly recommend this book!!! Start asking for it!!! I enjoy reading stories about spiritual warfare and the beyond. I think there is an entire "world" of sorts working all around us, and this story is a look into that world!

I'm getting ready to attend an ACTFL workshop which I'm looking forward to going! The focus is on teaching writing in the foreign language which for me, bien sur, is Francais! The workshop lasts till 5p.m. but I'm certain the time will quickly pass...right?

Are you curious about the adorable picture posted? That's Piper attacking her chick I bought her only 2 days ago! This is the same pup that chewed a hole in the arm of my shabby chic couch that is only 2 years old. She chewed through to the wooden frame! Someone suggested I give her to a family where she can be outside and to that person (you know who you are) I say, I don't think so! Piper may be destructive with her insatiable chewing, but I adore her. She has a sweet and loyal spirit, so I suppose I'll accept the occasional hole in my furniture...although I can't afford to replace furniture, so I may look like a miser if she continues on her chew-all-things path!

I completed a 20 minute Zumba session! I feel quite energized (and a wee bit sweaty), and I realize the importance of movement and exercise! I know this is part of my quest...incorportating exercise into everyday in order to keep depression at bay!

Oh! The title of my blog...what does it mean? I finally found a white button down shirt that fits me nicely!!! I'm wearing it to my workshop today. Sometimes clothes shopping as a size 18/20 lady can be difficult (ever wanted to punch the dressing room mirror and sob endlessly on the floor? Yeah, I've been there!), but thanks to Lane Bryant, I found a good fitting white button down shirt! And the pink cami? That's a bonus. I love finding something unexpected on the clearance rack! This light pink, cheery cami is fabulous for lounging and sleeping! Can God be present in the midst of shopping at Lane Bryant...of course He can=)

Getting ready to have flax waffles (thank you Van's) with peanut butter (organic merci beaucoup) and banana!!!! Yum...wait for it....me! Yummy! (Ode to Barney Stinson from HIMYM)...After my delicious breakfast, I'll be getting ready for my workshop. I'm grateful for an already fabulous day!

Cheers!

~Shabby Chic Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment