Tuesday, February 8, 2011

West Chazy Days


Once upon a time in a town far, far way (well, at least from East Tennessee), there lived this young lady full of naive dreams (some realistic ones) and fear. What kind of fear, you ask? The fear to enjoy her own life. The fear of a young man who manipulated her emotions and controlled most of her life. The fear of standing up for herself. The fear of thinking she was beautiful...

What's all this dramatic writing about? I found a scrapbook I began a year ago (and quickly retired from the task evidently), and I pasted a picture from my West Chazy days (middle of nowhere upstate NY), and I found myself admiring how gorgeous this young lady was then realized, "Hey, that's me!"

I have decided it's time to make up for those days where I couldn't allow myself to feel beautiful or to live in the moment. I will make the choices and think the thoughts (positive that is) she was too scared to think. I will live the life she kept in the most secret places of her heart...the life that I have always wanted to create for myself...simple, interesting, full of love from close family and sacred friendships, joyful, "light," spiritual, and ever-evolving!

Isn't it a grand gift when the unexpected, small moments become tremendously significant personal messages to the soul??!! I feel surrounded by blessings right now! Only an hour ago I was feeling frustrated and dizzied with a myriad of thoughts. Now, I feel calm and reassured!

A friend of mine posted on her Facebook page Psalm 34:4...it begins with "I sought the Lord, and He answered me..." I think this sums up my day...

~Shabby Chic Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment