Thursday, February 17, 2011

Swing Dancing and Sunshine!


Haven't posted in a few days, but I've been busy! I finally got shoved out of my rut, and I had things to do this week. I judged a public speaking contest at the local middle school, and I was quite impressed with their speeches and how well they expressed themselves. I had a study session for my French classes at the local coffee shop. Tonight, I think I'm going to a movie with a friend of mine.

I have exercised everyday, but I'm still holding on to a daily Cherry Coke (at least it's not 2 or 3). I want to use the winter break I have (the next 4 days...woohooo!) to try and get out of the Cherry Coke Chaos I've created for myself. I'd like to create something better!

Going on walks in the sunshine is truly good for the body & soul. I love going and sitting near the stream in my backyard. I love to just sit and be for a few moments...

The weather is predicted to be fantastic the next few days, so I am certain I will be motivated to stay motivated. I'm going to visit my parents tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to that.

Oh! I almost forgot! Swing dancing in one of my classes today was fun...we have warm-ups before students give their presentations, and I try to do some activity to get them relaxed. Today I chose Swing dancing, and they were having a good time learning the Charleston, the basic Swing, and some free style moves. I think they were shocked that their teacher can dance=) It was amusing to watch their faces when I would get into a move. Remarkable how classic music (Benny Goodman) and "old fashioned" dancing still affects the young adults of this generation!

There will be no Political Pondering Saturday for I am on vacation....stay tuned.

Peace~
Shabby Chic Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment